Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Card Insides

One of the things I have been working on improving is the inside of my cards.  Totally blank is ok if they will be used to write a personal message.  But, if I'm writing - it's usually a letter.  Too much to fit on the inside of my cards.  If I'm just signing my name and a sentance or two, it will fit, but the card seems lacking if there isn't any decoration on the inside.  I've decided to use the following guideline when designing my cards.  Treat it as a book. 

The cover is the main focal point.  The left inside will contain a verse and/or coordinating decoration.  The right inside will contain a panel for writing my message and signing my name.  Even if the card is a light enough color to write on, I like the panel.  It frames the message.  The back will contain the copyright and contact information. I decorate that too, although it's usually just one image that has been used somewhere else on the card.

Today's post contains several samples from yesterday's cards.

The first two show a couple of ways to add a verse. These are for "friend" cards.



I like to stamp on the writing panel using the one-off technique. You know, ink the stamp, stamp it on scrap paper and then stamp it on your card without reinking. Some folks call it "generation" stamping.

The next two are simple borders down the left edge.  As simple as this is, it does add a finishing touch to the inside.  It also leaves a little more room for writing or adding something at the last minute.




The last three show the use of cutouts from the Designer Series Paper (DSP).  Fun, fun, fun! I used these on the envelopes too, but I'll save that for another post.






Did you notice that some of the flowers are "off the edge?"  A great way to use scraps that don't have a complete image.

No comments: